It seems Gazebo is NOW a part of Ignition Robotics??? Please take a look at my Ignition Robotics Bitbucket Issue What’s the realationship between ign-gazebo and gazebo? And, today, let’s build IgnitionRobotics from source.
NOTE: In order to have the LATEST version built, please make sure you always give the priority to branch gz11 rather than branch default.
For instance ign-cmake:
git clone https://bitbucket.org/ignitionrobotics/ign-cmake/src/gz11/
Two things to emphasize before building.
- To have all the packages at Ignition Robotics Development Libraries successfully built, we need to build all libraries in a particular sequence.
- Some required 3rd-party libraries are additionally installed while building Ignition Robotics Development Libraries, including:
- OSVR: Please make sure unifiedvideoinertialtracker is excluded from building for now.
- folly: required by unifiedvideoinertialtracker, which requires boost built by C++14. For now, this is excluded from building.
Now, let’s start building Ignition Robotics Development Libraries.
- ign-cmake: BUILD_TESTING OFF
- ign-math: ruby-dev needs to be installed FIRST
- ign-common: libgts needs to be installed FIRST
- ign-transport: CXX_FLAGS=-I/usr/include/c++/7 and comment out line #35 of file test_config.h.
//#include <filesystem> // line 35
- ign-rendering: Modify CMakeLists.txt line 62, ogre to ogre2
- SDFormat8: C++8 is required for building
- ign-physics: Since I’m using dart 7.0, please figure out some trivial bugs about DartLoader in file DARTDoublePendulum.cc.
- gazebo: Going to be deprecated soon
-- BUILD WARNINGS
- What’s the realationship between ign-gazebo and gazebo?
- Should I have both OGRE and OGRE2 installed?
- gz11 - Missing: ignition-rendering1 (Components: ogre)
- make: *** [CMakeFiles/codecheck] Error 1
ign-rendering via Ogre2 Test
21:31:15: Starting .../IgnitionRobotics/Ogre2Demo...
ign-gazebo Performance Test